About This File
REMEMBER, THIS MOD IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT!
While not absolutely neccessary, I would recommend having the Alien Hunters DLC. The Muton Armor replaces the Rage Suit, and the the Rage STrike Ability (which is an ability added from the Rage Suit) will only be able to play if you have Alien Hunters.
Just extract the archive to your Mods game folder. Typically this would be something like
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods). If you don't have the Mods folder, just create it yourself
MAC (I'm still on Mavericks so I haven't tested the mod on Mac yet)
/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/XCOM 2/XCOM2Data/xcomgame/mods
It works, thats all I can say lol, don't ask me about anything else though (Drakon tested it, and it works since the last patch)
After launching the game for the first time, the game will create a new ini file on your documents folder called XComXSoldier.ini. You can edit the options by using any simple text editor:
- iVersion - Internal variable, don't change it unless you want for the default configs to be reloaded again. in that case, set it to 0
- bImmersive - False or True, read further down about the mod modes
- bEnableStatProgression - False or True, read further down about the mod modes
- bEnableWeightLoss - True or False, will cause soldiers that return injured from battle to loose weight (it will most likely be deprecated in the future)
- fMorphStrength - float ranging from 0.0 to 1.0, acts as a multiplier to change the slider/weight range. 0 will "disable" it ofc, has no effect with values bigger than 1.0
- iWorkoutStep - intenger, weight gained by each training session at the GTS
- iGeneTherapyStep - intenger, deprecated
- iWoundStep - intenger, value of the Weight lost when a soldier returns Gravely Wounded from battle
- iWorkoutCap - intenger, should be set between 0 and 100. the value at which working out no longer increases weight, without Gene Therapy
- iReqGeneBerseker - intenger, number of Berserker Corpses consumed each time by Gene Therapy
- GeneTechReq - Tech requirement to be able to use Gene Therapy. If set to none, will disable the requirement
- Levels - These are the stats that each Body level should have. They are not cummulative, so if you want to have +2 HP at Level1, and then gain +2 when you hit Level2, the amount you should specify on Level2, is the total of 4.
CPSoldier - This is where Weights from the Character Pool are stored. For example: CPSoldier=(SoldierName="Chris Redfield",Weight=70)
Mod includes 3 modes:
- Normal: Even though some gameplay options are still present, they become irrelevant since the slider will be fully functional in both Character Pool(CP) and in game.
- Immersive: This option allows only to increase the soldier's weight by training them. Characters that are imported from the CP will also have their weight setting imported.
- StatProgression: Same as above, but CP weights will not get imported. Will enable a mini rank/subclass leveling system that will change stats on soldiers the bigger they get, and also add new abilites.
Guerrila Training School:
This is where you can put your soldiers to workout. Each workout session will last for 5 days, and it will increase their weight slightly (default is 10%). During this time they will be unavailable for missions. There is also a bound between class ranks and weight levels, as in, you can only workout as long as the weight level is lower or equal than the rank. All soldiers hanging around the GTS will also remove their shirts.
Advanced Warfare Center:
The GTS workout only allows to get the weight up to 50%. After that, in order to be able to progress, you will need to submit a soldier to Gene Therapy, which will require for Berserker Autopsy to be researched, and will consume a Berserker Corpse for each soldier/gene therapy. The tech and number of Berserker Corpses can be changed on the config. When a soldier goes over 50%, they will also start growing a bit in scale. Like the workout, will take 5 days and soldiers will be unavailable for missions.
Since the mod relies on Berserker Corpses, and Berserkers are only set by default to spawn on Terror Missions, I've enabled them to spawn in any mission time.
Levels: There are 5 levels:
- Lean (20%)
- Athletic (40%)
- Robust (60%)
- Muscular (80%)
- Massive (100%)
The StatProgression can be fully configured by tweaking the INI, but by default, each level will buff and debuff some stats:
- Defense (if you get bigger, cover gets less effective... duh!!)
- Mobility (its harder to move the bigger you get)
- Visibility (the bigger the soldier is, the easier will be for enemies to spot it, this is a huge gimp and makes it very hard to move in concealment)
- Will (big and stupid! they will be very susceptible to psionic attacks!)
Abilities: All abilities are gained only after Gene Therapy (> 50%)
- Robust: Soldier gets immune to panic. Its considered a psi attack and it would be stupid if you would see big soldiers running around like little girls with spiders on their hair...
- Muscular: Soldier gains the Rage Strike ability from the RAGE Suit (Alien Hunters DLC). However, it has unlimited charges and a 3 turn CD. I will also change the damage output to be relative to their weight %.
- Massive: You gain... Wall Breaking! You can just run around through obstacles and break everything on your path! Its so super cool! There is a side effect to this, that I did not expected, and I may try to fix it, but to be honest I like it, as it introduces a new gameplay mechanic. As soon as your soldier moves, concealment will break. This has a huge impact on how you start missions under concealment, and I kinda like it.
- Soldiers that come back from missions gravely wounded can have weight loss. This option can be disabled aswell as the amount of weight loss.
- Codices are now male (its basically the human body at 50%)
- The new GTS and AWC staff slots will only show on new saves, or in saves where these facilities have not been built yet.
- There are weapon clipping issues on the back, these are easy to solve, I've just been lazy about it.
- Animations in general will have issues, specially when the soldiers get > 50%. These issues are mostly present on situations where the soldiers are at the base. During missions, there's nothing very relevant.
I want to re-do the RAGE Suit, and one of the abilities I will include will be a built-in Overdrive Stimulant (with 1 charge) that will cause the soldier to grow every turn for the remainder of the mission.
What's New in Version 1.0.1 See changelog
- Updated XSoldierHumanPawn.uc to work with for the Shen's Last Gift (it doesn't require it), since it was causing some problems with some weapon slot positions
- Added a separate mini.mod, that disables all vanilla outfits, XSoldier Outfit Limiter