• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

• Announcements

• Vector

SAM EULA CHANGES   10/20/2016

As of today, SAM - Shape Atlas for Men, will be under the general EULA, and no longer hosted on Hall of Torque. Please read more on http://www.vectorplexus.com/index.php?/topic/60-sam-hall-of-torque-and-change-in-eula/#comment-533  
boyoh

What Is "Scale"?

I was looking through the Known Glitches section of the XSoldier WOTC Version, and I saw this part:
image.png.05264b440959c35bea5a0e3b638b0ba2.png

What is "Scale"? I googled around a bit and even looked some in console commands and in the .ini files, but I couldn't see what this was talking about. What is it? How do you access it? 

Ty in advance! :0

I’m no way expert in XSoldier and XCOM 2 in general, but here’s what XSoldier’s related localization string says:

m_strMCMGeneTherapyScaleDescription=Enables the scaling of the soldier, when the weight is bigger than the Workout Cap.

From my understanding, that basically allows you to make your characters look more formidable and bypass certain size limits. 

A more educated explanation and how-to is welcome. 

Oh! So it's talking about the option in XSoldier to have soldiers scale with workout and things like that?

For a second, I was just a bit hopeful and thought there was parallel to Skyrim's "setscale" console command. I want to have, quite literally, bigger soldiers. :0

Ty for helping me out with understanding!

On 7/2/2018 at 12:12 PM, sh1ny said:

I’m no way expert in XSoldier and XCOM 2 in general, but here’s what XSoldier’s related localization string says:

m_strMCMGeneTherapyScaleDescription=Enables the scaling of the soldier, when the weight is bigger than the Workout Cap.

From my understanding, that basically allows you to make your characters look more formidable and bypass certain size limits. 

A more educated explanation and how-to is welcome. 

what's the name of the .ini file?

@xanders It's Localization/XSoldier.int.

Note, however, that this file is encoded with UTF-16 Little Endian, which means that most basic text editors will recognize it as binary. Use something like Notepad++ (Windows) or stock TextEdit (macOS) to open the file.